Sausage and Seafood Gumbo. Hearty, delicious, and packed full of amazing and well-seasoned ingredients, this Gumbo recipe has officially taken place as one of my top five favorite recipes (right up there with my Jambalaya Recipe). Every good gumbo starts with mixture of butter and flour called a roux. In this time, you should be stirring somewhat constantly.
This Cajun stew is packed with shrimp, crawfish & more seafood goodness. To learn more, read "Roux Boy." Seafood and Sausage Gumbo. Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo (aka Gumbo Ya Ya)Sunset and Sewanee. This Delicious Sausage and Seafood Gumbo using 23 simple ingredients and 21 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Sausage and Seafood Gumbo
- Prepare 4 of small onion, diced (about 2 cups).
- Prepare 6 of celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare 2 of green bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 16 oz of okra, sliced (frozen is fine).
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whit pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 6 cups of seafood stock (chicken is fine too).
- It’s 1 lb of andouille sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp, peeled.
- It’s 6 oz of crab meat, cleaned (or finely diced chicken).
- You need 6 oz of oysters in liquor, roughly diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, minced.
- You need 2 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 2 tsp of gumbo filé.
- Prepare of Hot steamed rice.
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. Seafood & Sausage Gumbo homemade by Hương Vào Bếp. Recipe: Thyme Paprika Minced garlic Parsley flakes Bay leaves Cayenne pepper Seafood( Shrimp, Crab,Squid). It received rave reviews from the whole family.
Sausage and Seafood Gumbo step by step
- Prepare the onions, celery, bell pepper, and okra in a bowl..
- Add the spices into a small bowl..
- In a skillet, brown the sausage over high heat. If you bought fully cooked sausage, skip this step and go directly to making roux.
- Once the sausages are browned, remove them and place on a plate to cool. Don't worry if they're still raw inside..
- Deglaze the pan with a little stock and add it back to the main stock..
- Prepare the roux by adding the oil to a heavy stock pot over high heat..
- When the oil begins smoking sprinkle the flour and begin to whisk the mixture..
- Continue whisking. Do not walk away or your roux will burn. You are looking for a deep red brown color. Be very careful, splashing the roux will severely burn you..
- It's beginning to take color..
- Almost there..
- That's about good. Took roughly 10 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium and add half of the vegetables, dumping away from you to prevent splashing..
- Stir and cook the veggies for 2 minutes..
- Add the remaining veggies, spices, and garlic. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove the roux from heat..
- Bring the stock to simmer in a large pot..
- Add the roux a spoonful at a time, stirring in between so it's not lumpy..
- Bring the soup to a simmer. Cut the sausage into chunks and add to the gumbo. If you're using chicken, add it here too..
- Simmer for 20 min, or longer to suit your schedule..
- Add the shrimp, crab, and oysters. Cook until the shrimp are pink or about 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley, green onion, and gumbo filé. Stir and serve over hot rice..
The best seafood gumbo I have ever had. A recipe for Cajun seafood gumbo: A dark roux gumbo with shrimp, fish and either crab or smoked fish. This seafood gumbo is inspired by Chef Don Link. I've had lots of seafood gumbo in my day, and I've made more than a few. But nothing has blown me away like the version I ate at Peche, a New.