Cajun Shrimp and rice. ADD YOUR REVIEW. it was quick to make. Cajun Shrimp and Rice is packed with flavour with juicy shrimps and fluffy rice. I have a friend with Celiac's disease and I serve this when she comes over for lunch.
Try our healthy cajun shrimp and rice recipe. Learn how to prepare this meal step by step and see a full list of ingredients. If you're in a pinch with time and/or you have some leftover brown rice (or loads of it in your pantry that you want to get rid of), then try this quick cajun-inspired chicken, shrimp and. You can have Cajun Shrimp and rice using 13 easy ingredients and 2 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp and rice
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of # shrimp, large, peeled and deveined.
- You need of s&p.
- Prepare 4 of plum tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of scallions, chopped.
- You need 1/2 bunch of asparagus, chopped.
- You need 1 of shallot, sliced thin.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemon, cut in wedges, for serving.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of white rice.
This Cajun Shrimp and Rice recipe is spicy, satisfying, and perfect for busy weeknights! You are going to love this hearty, Louisiana-style dish made with succulent shrimp, vegetables and rice. It is perfectly seasoned and bursting with piquant. This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!).
Cajun Shrimp and rice instructions
- Cook the rice according to the package. Heat the butter, oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the Cajun seasoning and shrimp and cook, stirring until the shrimp begin to curl, about 1 minute. Season with S&P..
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, shallot and asparagus and cook, stirring for 4 minutes so shrimp are opaque. Stir in the parsley and serve over rice. Serve lemon wedges on the side..
We went with bell peppers, onions, and When cooking the shrimp, make sure you have a single layer. If you overcrowd the pan, you risk steaming and overcooking.which would lead to sad. A one-skillet weeknight dinner with a Cajun accent. Who can resist this riff on jambalaya with spicy pork sausage, shrimp, and the Louisiana trinity of onion, bell pepper, and celery? Season the shrimp with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.