Seafood Gumbo. I've had lots of seafood gumbo in my day, and I've made more than a few. But nothing has blown me away like the version I ate at Peche, a New Orleans seafood restaurant run by Chef Don Link. This delightful Seafood Gumbo is full of shrimp and crab and it has a nice spicy kick.
This is a great seafood stew "gumbo". This would be great with mussels and some pieces of cod Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste are often used in gumbo and jambalaya. Seafood Gumbo, with shrimp, crab, chicken Andouille sausage, and okra is an authentic spicy Cajun meal served over rice or grits. You can have Seafood Gumbo using 12 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Gumbo
- You need 3 of whole crabs.
- It’s 3 of Chicken breast.
- You need 4 of beef smoked sausages.
- It’s 2 pounds of jumbo deveined shrimp.
- Prepare of I onion.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need of Gumbo file.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
This recipe is not super easy as it takes time to cook to properly. This is a real SEAFOOD gumbo. This is the best gumbo I've ever had. The crab boil is the key ingredient – do not omit it.
Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Cut onion and bell pepper garlic set aside. Cut up smoked sausage and set aside cut.
- Up chicken breast set aside.
- To make your rue melt 3 tablespoons of butter add a half a cup of flour keep stirring until light brown add all cut up ingredients and chicken stock.
- In a separate pot steam crab until done. Once crab is done depart the crab take back shell off and clean all poop out rinse with cold water..
- Once crab is cleaned and separated add all ingredients to pot with chicken stop add shrimp last. Season to your tasting. Don’t add too much gumbo file because it’s overwhelming when you add too much..
- Add can tomatoes let simmer 15 min😊.
Every good gumbo starts with mixture of butter and flour called a roux. In this time, you should be stirring. This excellent seafood gumbo recipe includes stewed tomatoes and oysters, along with crab meat and shrimp and of course, spices. Plus, this Seafood Gumbo recipe is ready in under an hour!! This recipe was originally published in I fell in love with seafood gumbo many, many years ago.