Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tasso and sauté until crisp.
Be sure to try these Southern-inspired recipes. New Orleans Style Shrimp and Grits. Learn how to make a Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque Recipe! You can have Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits using 37 easy ingredients and 16 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits
- Prepare of Sprout and Leek Slaw.
- You need 6 of thick-cut bacon slices, diced (about 6 oz.).
- Prepare 1 of large leek, thinly sliced (about 2 cups).
- You need 1 lb of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (about 8 cups).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- You need of Shrimp.
- It’s 3 lbs of 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound).
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- Prepare 1/4 of pineapple, thinly sliced.
- You need of Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying.
- Prepare of Togarashi Vinaigrette.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 2 of thumbs ginger, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare of Grits.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow corn grits.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper,.
How do you make Cajun Shrimp and Grits? First, in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. cook chopped bacon to desired crispiness. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until desired crispness. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits step by step
- For the grits:.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits, Cajun and garlic seasonings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the Sprouts Leek Slaw:.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet; transfer 2 tablespoons of the drippings to a small bowl. Dice bacon, and set aside..
- Add leeks to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Combine leeks and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl..
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk to combine. Add to Brussels sprouts and leeks; toss to coat. Stir in chopped pecans, chives, and diced bacon..
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard..
- Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil..
- Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- For the shrimp:.
- In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together..
- Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture..
- Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in colour..
- Plate with grits in the center, surround the grits with the leek slaw, place several slices of pineapple in center, top with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!.
This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). We went with bell peppers, onions, and corn, but any stir-fry vegetable would work here. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. I love to squeeze fresh lime juice over the top just before serving or serve with lime wedges and of course that amazing sauce. Cajun Shrimp Tacos. with creamy corn slaw.