Crawfish Cornbread. Crawfish Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Crawfish Cornbread is loaded with crawfish and has a wonderfully crispy crust. The inside is fabulously moist and savory.
Use frozen crawfish tail meat, Creole seasoning, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese for that Louisiana flavor. Many people don't have crawfish, so I think lightly boiled shrimp could easily be substituted for the crawfish. Here at Louisiana Crawfish Company we know good food. This Yummy Crawfish Cornbread using 12 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Crawfish Cornbread
- You need 1 packages of Frozen Crawfish Tails.
- It’s 1 can of Cream Style Corn.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion ( diced ).
- Prepare 1/2 of Bell Pepper ( diced ).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Green Onions ( Scallions ).
- You need 2 cup of Cheddar Cheese ( shredded ).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of Jalapeno Peppers.
- It’s 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
Like most families we have recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. Southern Bacon and Crawfish Cornbread This Crawfish Cornbread dish is really a meal in itself! Crawfish Cornbread served great as a main dish or a side. Left overs are great to stuff a chicken for.
Crawfish Cornbread instructions
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Mix Dry Ingredients Together.
- Mix the Wet Ingredients Together.
- Now Mix ALL the Ingredients Together.
- Pour into a Lightly Greased 13 x 9 Baking Dish until Even on Top.
- Bake in Oven 45 – 55 Minutes until Golden Brown on Top.
This recipe is one you can make anytime, provided that you can find fresh or frozen crawfish tails. I have NOT tried this recipe with shrimp or any other. Cajun Crawfish Cornbread is the perfect combination of New Orleans food and my southern roots cornbread recipe. You can substitute shrimp if you cant find crawfish. This Recipe is meant for Boy Scouts.