Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo.
This Perfect Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo using 8 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of salt/pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of 2% milk.
- You need 1/2 lb of chicken, shrimp or crab meat.
- You need 1 packages of fettuccine noodles.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo step by step
- Cook meat. For crab/shrimp, I boil for 5 min in water with a little lemon pepper, 5-8 peppercorns, and 2-3 bay leaves. For chicken, I toss into a skillet laced with olive oil and brown with a little salt and pepper..
- Boil fettuccine noodles according to package instructions..
- In a jar or other container with a sealable lid, add flour to 1/8 cup of the chicken broth. Place the lid on and shake until the flour is completely blended with the broth..
- Combine remaining chicken broth and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (stir frequently)..
- When the broth/milk mixture approaches boil (edges start to turn frothy), give the flour/broth mixture one final shake and pour into broth/milk. Continue to cook, while whisking until starts to thicken. Reduce heat to low and stir until a nice alfredo consistency. Add the Parmesan cheese and turn off the heat..
- Toss in the noodles, meat and eat!.