Creamy Dried Taro Leaves. Cook by the dried taro leaves with coconut milk. This creamy and yummy dish is the pride of province Bicol.and very popular to all. You may also click the share button and leave any comments regarding the video or any suggestions you may have in mind that you would like to share.
Dried Taro leaves cooked in coconut milk with a lot of chilies! A simple no-fuss recipe that is as authentic as it can get! Buying the dried Taro leaves was the easiest part as they are available in most big supermarkets. This Yummy Creamy Dried Taro Leaves using 8 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Dried Taro Leaves
- It’s 1 packages of dried taro leaves.
- It’s 2 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 4 medium of jalapeno peppers, sliced diagonally.
- It’s 4 medium of onions, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of pork meat, diced.
- It’s 2 tsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil.
Now, I had the option to buy canned coconut milk or use a fresh one. Rich and creamy, it's made from dried taro or gabi leaves and coconut milk. In the Philippines, we would buy fresh gabi leaves, separate the leaves from the stalks and dry the leaves under the sun for a couple of hours before we can use them. Drying takes out the uncomfortable palate texture or kati.
Creamy Dried Taro Leaves instructions
- Heat the canola oil on a pan, medium heat.
- Sautè the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork and set fire to high.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan, simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the taro leaves and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add in the peppers and shrimp paste then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Stewed taro leaves is a classic Mauritian recipe. Leaves of the taro plant are cooked with some light spices. Leaves of the taro plant are cooked over a long period of time with light spices, tomatoes and tamarind. Filipinos use both dried and fresh Taro leaves in a dish. Taro Leaves in rich, creamy, and spicy coconut sauce made more flavorful with shrimp paste and pork belly pieces.