Seafood Lasagna. To be honest, I was veryyyy skeptical about this lasagna. Shrimp with crab, heavy cream, Parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta?! This rich satisfying dish, adapted from a recipe given to me by a friend, is my husband's favorite.
Excellent seafood flavor – scallops, shrimp, and crab with just the right amount of creamy sauce. I can never have just one serving of this. I think the clam juice is what gives the sauce such a good flavor. This Yummy Seafood Lasagna using 21 easy ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Seafood Lasagna
- It’s 1 of Green Onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 of medium Onion (diced).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of Clam Juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Old Bay seasoning.
- You need 1 LB of Scallops (small).
- Prepare 1 Lb of Shrimp (small).
- It’s 2 Lb of Crab meat (imitation or real).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whipping cream.
- It’s 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 12 of Lasagna noodles (cooked).
- It’s 2 cups of Cottage cheese (lasagna style).
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of parsley flakes.
This lightened version of creamy seafood lasagna features both shrimp and crabmeat, reduced-fat cheeses, and low-fat milk. A creamy Italian style Seafood Lasagna filled with a delicious mix of shrimp, scallops, salmon and cod in a creamy béchamel sauce and baked in layers of wide lasagna noodles. Can't have Seafood Lasagna without seafood, of course. The seafood lasagna. a lasagna is a very delicious way to have seafood!
Seafood Lasagna instructions
- In large skillet, saute onions in the 2 tablespoons of butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice, bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab, old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper and return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes stirring gently. Drain, saving liquid, and setting seafood mixture aside..
- In large saucepan, melt the remaining butter, stirring flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid slowly to the saucepan to create a smooth roux. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly..
- Remove from Heat, stir in cream and parmesan cheese. Stir until well Incorporated. Remove one cup of sauce for later..
- Add Seafood mixture to the white sauce mixture in saucepan and stir gently..
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, parsley, and egg. Stir well..
- Time to build. Place half of the sauce that was taken out earlier on bottom of pan. Place 3 noodles. Add some of the seafood mixture in an even layer. 3 more noodles. Now layer the cottage cheese mixture, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella on. (Pic. 1). 3 more noodles, and another layer of seafood mixture. Last 3 noodles, now spread the remainder of the reserved white sauce on top, then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 minutes and cheese is starting to brown and bubble. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before cutting..
- Side Note: I had leftover seafood mixture so I cooked up some manicotti noodles and used the remaining mixture for stuffing them. Baked at 350°F for 15 minutes..
This seafood lasagna with white sauce is always a very appreciated meal, and your guests will enjoy it for sure. This Seafood Lasagna is sure to be a hit at the dinner table. This outrageously tasty dish combines lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, succulent shrimp, scallops, and a heavenly homemade Alfredo sauce. Seafood Lasagna is a rich and creamy lasagna filled with shrimp, scallops, and crab. Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling salted water.