Creamy shrimp mac n cheese. Regular baked mac and cheese is already great (if it's done right), but the addition of fresh crab and spicy Cajun shrimp makes it so much more special. You get a bite of shrimp, crab and macaroni covered with a blend of gooey, stringy cheeses and a burst of blended flavours in every bite! No normal Mac and Cheese sauce will have the same flavour that this one has which is boosted with shrimp juices AND the golden bits left in the pan after we sear them.
Meanwhile, make the creamy cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a large high-sided pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter and whisk the butter and flour together and around the pan until they smell. You can have Creamy shrimp mac n cheese using 11 easy ingredients and 1 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Creamy shrimp mac n cheese
- You need 4 cup of pasta shells cooked according to package directions.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of smoked gruyere cheese grated.
- It’s 1 cup of pepper Jack cheese grated.
- It’s 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- You need 1 lb of cooked shrimp.
Baked Mac n Cheese – This is the perfect Holiday side dish, Mac and Cheese. Actually this is a classic side dish that is good. I thought that spicy shrimp would be the perfect pairing for a creamy mac and cheese dish; turns out, I was right! Lobster, Crab And Shrimp Baked Macaroni And Cheese.
Creamy shrimp mac n cheese step by step
- Melt butter, add flour whisk for about 5 minutes, add milk, bring to boil add cheese and seasoning, whisk until melted. Add pasta and shrimp, heat thru, enjoy!.
Anytime I make Cheesy Shrimp Mac-n-Cheese, I tend to pick up a few helpers in the kitchen. I think it's because they like to stick their fingers in Pour the shrimp and cheese mixture into the prepared baking dishes*. Top with breadcrumbs, panko, Parmesan cheese, and drizzle butter over everything. Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. The evaporated milk gives Mac & Cheese an amazingly rich & creamy taste.