Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth. Great recipe for Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth. This recipe was made for my In Laws years ago using their favorite ingredients, it was such a hit I use it fo dinner partys often. I usally serve it with angel hair pasta.
See great recipes for Paprika shrimps in coconut milk/cream sauce too! See great recipes for Baked Salmon and Shrimp too! Pan fried to a flakey perfection, salmon is crispy on the outside and drenched in a creamy and super fragrant sun-dried tomato sauce. You can have Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth using 24 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth
- Prepare 3/4 lb of skinless salmon fillets cut in 4 portions.
- Prepare 12 large of raw shrimp, remove shells but save shells for broth..
- You need 12 of sea scallops.
- You need 1 of FOR BROTH.
- It’s 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatos.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, peeled, left whole.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of FOR CREAM BASE.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of shallot:, minced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 of chopped green onions.
Tender whole scallops and shrimp get a quick saute in hot, garlicky olive oil and butter before taking a brief clam juice simmer. Toss with hot pasta, bright strips of sun dried tomatoes and tangy bits of lemon zest for a refreshing entree or appetizer. Prepare your salmon by sprinkling with your favorite herbal seasoning and salt. Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
Salmon, Shrimp and Scallops poached in a Tomato Cream Broth step by step
- MAKE BROTH.
- In a large skillet melt a bit of butter and add shrimp shells and brown lightly, just 2 to 3 minutes, add all remaining broth ingredients and simmer 30 minutes to reduce by about 1/2, strain broth and discard solids, set aside..
- MAKE CREAM BASE.
- In a saucepan melt butter, add mushrooms cover and cook on low until they become soft, uncover and add shallots and garlic and soften 1 minute, add cream and pepper, salt and hot sauce bring to a simmer and reduce by about 1/2..
- Combine broth and cream reductions and whisk well. Transfer to a deep skillet that has a cover. Add seafood to lightly simmering sauce in one layer cover and poach until all is just cooked through. If your skillet can not hold all the seafood on one layer, poach in batches and remove to a plate and cover while finishing the remainder. The timing depends on the size and thickness of each seafood..
- Place all cooked seafood on a platter. Add parmesan cheese and green onions to sauce, add to seafood..
- This is best served with pasta for the extra sauce and great with a green salad and french bread!.
Sautéed Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce. Seared Tuna With Port and Figs. Shrimp in Greek Tomato Herb and Feta Sauce. In a large straight sided frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add Champagne, lemon juice, and parsley to pan.