MoMo Dean's Louisiana Gumbo.
This Tasty MoMo Dean's Louisiana Gumbo using 18 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of MoMo Dean's Louisiana Gumbo
- You need 5 each of Chicken legs and thighs.
- You need 4 lb of Shrimp (Ideally mix of large and small).
- Prepare 8 each of Chicken Sausage (slice up into small pieces).
- You need 2 lb of Blue crab (optional).
- You need 1 bunch of Celery (chop up into small pieces).
- You need 1 of Onion (chop up in small pieces).
- Prepare 2 each of Bell Peppers (chop up into small pieces).
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- It’s of Old Bay Seasoning.
- It’s of Season Salt.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt and Pepper.
- You need as needed of Water.
- It’s 3 of Bouillon Cubes (crab flavor preferable).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 4 cup of Rice.
- It’s 4 dash of Gumbo File.
MoMo Dean's Louisiana Gumbo step by step
- Chop up celery, bell peppers and onions. Season veggies with favorite season salt, garlic powder or other favorite seasoning. Lightly oil a frying pan and sauté the veggies. Sauté the veggies for about 5-7 min. Remove from fire and set aside..
- Season chicken pieces and chicken sausage well with garlic powder, garlic salt, garlic pepper, minced garlic, season salt or other favorite seasoning. Pan sear meat for 7-10 minutes in a lightly oiled frying pan. Remove from the pan and place seared meat in a very large pot..
- Cover the chicken pieces and chicken sausage with water. Use just enough water to cover the meat and then turn the burner on medium heat. Once the water begins to boil add the bouillon cubes to the water and stir the water until the cubes dissolve. Turn the burner to low heat to allow it to simmer..
- Now you are ready to make the base (also know as the roux) In a non-stick pan add 1 cup of vegetable oil put it on low heat. Allow it to heat for about 2 minutes and slowly stir in the flour. Mix in about 1/3 cup of flour every minute until all the flour has been added to the oil. While mixing in the flour continue to stir constantly. You will stir the flour and oil mixture for about 30 minutes or until it becomes a milk chocolate color. You must stir constantly to avoid burning the mixture. Once you have achieved the color desired remove from heat and allow it to sit for about 2 minutes to cool..
- Add the sautéed veggies to the roux and mix it until it becomes a thick substance with a reddish brown color..
- After the roux is mixed with the veggies add it to the pot of boiling water. Stir it in until it dissolves..
- Season the shrimp and crab with old bay seasoning. Pan sear shrimp for about 3 minutes on medium heat. Remove from the fire and add shrimp and crab to the gumbo pot..
- Stir all the ingredients for 7-10 minutes on medium low heat. Turn off burner and let the gumbo sit for about 15 minutes. 5 minutes before serving add about 4 dashes of gumbo file to thicken and add additional flavor..
- Serve over cooked rice. Saltine crackers are great flavor enhancers as well..