Creamy Shrimp and Rice. Adapted from our popular Creamy Garlic Scallops recipe, this mouthwatering creamy shrimp goes with absolutely anything. I just take some rice and add in onions and garlic for added flavor. Try a Creamy Shrimp & Rice dish that's perfect for weeknights and busy weekends.
Only changes I made were after sauteing the vegetables I added shrimp to pan and cooked till almost done. This Shrimp Fried Rice is the fastest and easiest takeout dinner you can make at home! This shrimp and rice dish always brings back memories of my childhood. You can cook Creamy Shrimp and Rice using 8 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Shrimp and Rice
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of each chopped red peppers and onions.
- Prepare 1 packages of (6) sugar snap peas,halved.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed, drained.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of (10) oz philadelphia savory garlic cooking cream.
- You need 2 cup of white cooked long grain rice.
My Dad used to make this with white rice and lots of grated cheese at the end, almost like a risotto, but not. My Dad used a lot more butter when he made it, but this lightened up version is just as delicious. Shrimp, rice, nonstick cooking spray, sour cream, mushrooms, mayonnaise, onions, prepared mustard, scallions, spring or green onions, cheese, garlic, parsley leaves. Coat a large non-stick skillet with pam; place over med-high heat until hot.
Creamy Shrimp and Rice step by step
- Heat oil in a large skilled on medium high heat . Add red peppers and onions ; cook and stir 4-5 mins or until crisp tender . Stir in peas cook 3-4 mins or until heated through, stirring frequently..
- Add shrimp, black pepper and milk; cook and stir 3-5 min or until heated through. Add cooking cream; cook and stir 2 min..
- serve over rice.
You make a shrimp stock with the shells so that this decadent shrimp risotto is bursting with flavor. The risotto should be loose, creamy, and saucy, but thick enough that you can see bottom of pot when stirring; if you run out of stock before rice is tender, add water ¼-cupful at a time until rice is cooked. This garlic and spice infused dish is packed full of flavor and will become a Rinse the rice thoroughly with water to remove any excess starch. Heat a large pot or skillet over. The shrimp is tender and juicy.