This Appetizing Louisiana Gumbo using 19 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Louisiana Gumbo
- It’s 4 of chicken breast.
- It’s of sausage (I like polish) as much as you like.
- You need 4 lbs of shrimp.
- Prepare 2 cups of crab meat.
- It’s bundle of celery stalks (sliced, leaves and all but the butt of it).
- It’s 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of bellpeppers diced.
- Prepare 4 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 carton of chicken broth.
- You need of vegetable oil (little under 2 cups).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of seasoned salt.
- It’s of onion salt.
- Prepare of old bay seasoning.
- You need 2 dashes of Gumbo file.
- It’s tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 4 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
Louisiana Gumbo step by step
- Put a little oil on a skillet, cube your chicken and cut round pieces of your sausage. Add your favorite seasoning (seasoned salt, onion salt, etc.) Add 1 table spoon of minced garlic. Fry until done. Them put it all in a big pot.
- Put a little oil in the same skillet. Peel shrimp (no tails). Put in skillet. Put crab meat in skillet. Season it with Old Bay seasoning. Cook until shrimp is pink. Put in big pot with your chicken and sausage..
- Poor a carton of chicken broth in big pot. If the liquid level is not even to the top of the meat poor water until the liquid level is even to the top of the meat. Then add 4 chicken bullions to the pot..
- Making the Roux… 1 cup of flower and 1 cup of oil in a pan/skillet and whisk it nonstop for 30 minutes. Continue to whisk it can burn. It will turn a very dark color but that's what you want..
- In another skillet add a little oil put diced onions, celery, bellpepper, mushrooms in there. Put a tbsp of minced garlic and any other favorite seasoning. (Season salt, onion salt, etc.) Kinda saute it but still a little crunchy looking. Add your Roux to this and mix till mixed in well. Then add to your pot..
- In the pot add a tbsp and a half of Old Bay seasoning. Put a little bit of red pepper flakes. Stir well put on med heat for an hour and 30 minutes. The last 15 minutes of cook time add 2 dashes of Gumbo file to thicken it up some..
- Serve over rice and ENJOY!.