Creamy Tuna Casserole/peas & carrots. What can I substitute for peas in this recipe? This creamy tuna casserole with tomatoes, peas, and cheddar cheese is a perfect comfort food. Remove pan from heat; gently stir in noodles.
Remove pan from heat; gently stir in noodles. Tuna Noodle Casserole has been a family favorite for generations! Tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, and mushroom soup then baked with a crumb Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. You can cook Creamy Tuna Casserole/peas & carrots using 12 simple ingredients and 22 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Creamy Tuna Casserole/peas & carrots
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of celery.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 2 cup of frozen peas/carrots.
- It’s 3 can of albcore tuna.
- It’s 2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of mild cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It’s 16 oz of package large wide egg noodles.
- You need 1 can of spray oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried minced onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon pepper spice.
It's been a family favorite for generations! Enjoy our Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole tonight. Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked.
Creamy Tuna Casserole/peas & carrots instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- drain tuna.
- put tuna in bowl and chop till small.
- add lemon pepper spice and mix well.
- while tuna sits with spice bring water to boil on stove with a big pan.
- when water is boiling put noodles in pan for 7 minutes al dente.
- go back to tuna and mix again, tuna smell should be gone.
- in a second bowl add cream of mushroom, celery and evaporated milk and mix with whisk.
- add minced onion and mix well.
- put tuna into liquid mixture and mix well.
- put peas and carrots into mixture and mix again.
- check noodles they should be done and drain thoroughly.
- spray large pan or Pyrex with spray oil heavily.
- put noodles in pan and spread evenly, add about a half cup water to the pan.
- spread mixture on top of noodles evenly (like frosting).
- put mild cheddar cheese on top.
- put bread crumbs on top.
- spray with spray oil the bread crumbs/cheese mixture.
- put in oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
- use a loose fitting foil at end of baking to have a less hard topping.
- cook more or less depending on oven.
- let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as well. Cheddar cheese has become a popular addition to this classic dish to add more flavor. Your favorite comfort food — tuna casserole: reinvented! This creamy tuna pasta with peas is made in one skillet. As soon as the weather starts really cooling down, it's hard to want anything other than comfort food!