Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp.
You can have Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp using 23 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp
- It’s of Shrimp and Vegetables.
- You need 2 lb of làrge fresh shrimp (if frozen used thaw).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning (your choice).
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need of Southern-Style Grits.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt( to taste).
- You need 1 cup of uncooked grits.
- You need 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Cream Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 oz of cream cheese' package (8oz).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (adjust taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper (if desired).
Southern Style Grits Topped with creamy Cajun Shrimp instructions
- Peel and devein shrimp. (if using frozen thaw completely).
- Using a large skillet heat oil….àdd shrimp, 1/2 Cajun seasoning and wine….2 to 3 mins shrimp will be pink and deglazed. Set aside..
- Heat 2 TB olive oil in large skillet add onion and bell peppers. add garlic, Cajun and thyme. cook 1 min til tender. add cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 min or til thickenings stirring occasionally..
- prepare Southern-$tyle Grits… in a sauce pan add broth and milk bring to a boil whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 to 10 mins. stirring occasionally, or until thickened and creamy. Stir in butter, salt and pepper. keep warm. makes about 4 1/2cups. Prep: 5min. Cook:10 min.
- Prepare cream Sauce: Using a food processor or a ninja – pour cream mixture and cream cheese into blender with salt and pepper. Process til smooth. return to skillet…add shrimp. cook 1 to 2 min or til heated. Serve over grits. sprinkle cheddar cheese over each serving of grits before serving shrimp onto top. ENJOY!.