Gumbo soup. Gumbo (French: Gombo) is a soup popular in the U. S. state of Louisiana, and is the official state cuisine. Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener.
Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. This Easy Chicken Gumbo Soup combines chicken thighs, onions, celery, green peppers, tomatoes and rice in a spicy savory chicken broth. No worries you can adjust the heat to your liking. You can cook Gumbo soup using 12 simple ingredients and 13 easy steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Gumbo soup
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- Prepare 3 lb of Chicken.
- You need 1 packages of Smoked sausage.
- Prepare 2 lb of Shrimp.
- You need 1 packages of Dried shrimps.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 1 large of Bell pepper.
- You need 1 of stock Celery.
- Prepare 1 each of Squash any kind.
- You need 1 head of Cabbage.
- You need 1 can of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of Creole seasonimg.
Enjoy this delicious chicken gumbo soup that's perfect for Creole cuisine. Turkey and Andouille Sausage Gumbo Recipe This gumbo is a great use for leftover roasted turkey Louisiana-Style Chicken Soup Recipe OK, so technically we can't call this a gumbo because there is. Gumbo, on the other hand, is more of a soup. Like Jambalaya, Gumbo contains a mix of vegetables, sometimes meat, and always shellfish, but the overall stock is thinner.
Gumbo soup step by step
- Cook bacon in dutch oven.
- Cook bacon as direction.
- After bacon is done remove from pot.
- Add chicken to pot brown on both sides.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onions celery and bell pepper.
- Cook to translucent.
- Add mushrooms and simmer.
- Cut sausage into small chunks.
- Add sausage amd chicken make sure to cut chicken up into chunks.
- Add seasons to pot.
- Add every thing else and cook untill almost done.
- Add shrimp ay the end cook for 30min.
Gumbo / Soups – Cajun classics full of meat, spice, and all things nice. My favorite soup is gumbo soup at Blue Bayou Restaurant. What makes this soup even more special is that the only place on earth where it's available is at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland. Chicken gumbo is a quintessential southern dish. It is a thick soup that includes bell pepper, onion, celery, rice, chicken and Cajun spices.