Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls). Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls are packed with bright, fresh flavours and served with an insanely addictive Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce that takes a minute to make. Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls – always a hit!! If I took a platter of these to a gathering with my friends, I guarantee they'd be.
Don't be intimidated by the rice paper wrappers. Soak them one at a time in warm water until they are JUST soft then remove. Eating fresh Vietnamese spring rolls (fresh summer rolls) is a favorite dish that I grew up with and one dish that I absolutely love sharing with my friends. You can have Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) using 19 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls)
- You need of Rice paper (the large one) you can find it at any Asian store, but I seen it at Smith’s super store too.
- You need of Shrimps.
- It’s of Tofu (silk tofu) cut in long wedge.
- You need of Cucumber cut into long tiny wedge.
- You need of Lettuces (tiny slices).
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of For dipping sauce:.
- It’s 1 of dates (you can substitute with sugar).
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce (fish sauce).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice (less or more).
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (optional).
- You need of Chili flake (optional).
- Prepare Pinch of mushrooms powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (less or more).
- Prepare of Chopped tiny cilantro.
- You need of Equipments to soften the rice paper:.
- It’s of bowl Super large.
- You need of Warm water.
Noodles: Some rice paper spring rolls will have rice noodles or cellophane glass noodles. Traditional Vietnamese shrimp and pork spring rolls. Fresh rice paper spring rolls are one of my favorite things right now. I've been getting them pre-made at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for years, and finally decided it was time to make them myself.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls (Fresh Spring Rolls) instructions
- Cook the shrimps (I just boiled it) you can either grilled or sautéed.
- Heat up the non-stick skillet then unfried the tofu. You can fried it with oil if you wish..
- After all the ingredients ready add the warm water into a bowl..
- Dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds and lay on rolling surface such as a plate or cutting board. Do not over soak because it will become soft and tear easily..
- I like to lay the tofu or shrimp first, then cucumbar, lettuce, and cilantro, or either way as you like..
- Then rolling the spring roll the same as you rolling the lumpia. Repeat with the same way for the rest of the ingredients. Set aside..
- Now working on the dipping sauce: First in a small bowl add dates and 2 tbsp of water. Microwave for 20 seconds. Smash it until it soft, you can add more 1-2 tbsp of water mixed well. And using another bowl and strain it..
- Add all the rest of dipping sauce ingredients into the dates mixture mixed well, and taste it..
- Lastly arrange the fresh spring rolls on a plate along with dipping sauce..
- Enjoy your healthy meal of the day!.
- ❤️Happy Cooking❤️.
Making spring rolls is easy and just requires rice paper spring roll wrappers and veggies. Watch how to make fresh spring rolls in this short recipe video! Flavorful tofu, crisp veggies These rolls are simple, fresh and filling. Inside you'll find: Super thin rice noodles Mint Cilantro Red pepper Carrot Cucumber & Crispy almond butter tofu. Homemade Fresh Summer Rolls with Easy Peanut Dipping Sauce are healthy, adaptable, and make a wonderful light dinner, lunch, or appetizer.