Spicy Catfish. Catfish flavors this veggie-rich and spicy chowder made with zucchini, tomatoes, and canned sweet corn. Spicy Catfish Chowder. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Spicy Catfish contained a lot of Thai herbals which were very spicy.
This spicy grilled catfish recipe was shared by Faith who is a avid reader of our monthly magazine "Soul Food Digest". Faith graciously shares her family recipe for grilling catfish. Spicy Catfish – Spicy catfish with spices, black pepper, red chilli, kaffir lime leaves and stir-fried crispy catfish served in black plate on wooden table. You can cook Spicy Catfish using 27 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Catfish
- It’s of Rice.
- You need 1 cup of brown rice.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s of Fish.
- You need 4 of catfish fillets.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of anise, ground.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger, ground.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 stick of scallions.
- Prepare 1 of corn on cob.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need of Veggies.
- You need 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 1/4 of yellow pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of orange pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 4 of thai peppers.
This recipe is for people who like catfish and spicy foods. I haven't made as we don't care for this much hot spices. Though we do really like catfish. Jerk-Rubbed Catfish with Spicy Cilantro Slaw.
Spicy Catfish instructions
- Cook rice.
- Season fish..heat pan on med high…add oil…add fish…cook for two minutes. Flip fish. After one minute add butter and baste for another minute…remove fish from pan..
- chop veggies however you like…add hard veggies to same hot pan…sautee for 1-2 minutes…add garlic…once fragrant then add paste…mix good then add stock and reduce by half…add fish back in along with scallions and corn kernels..
- Add rice to plate and lay fish on top..
We often make fish or barbeque tacos and this is now the slaw we use. I have only made the catfish once, but it was also good and. Highly nutritious ,Olami_spicy dried catfish ,brings to you,fresh ,same day, oven dried, sand ,gut and stone free catfish. This recipe was adapted from a recipe published in Food & Wine for catfish sandwiches. It is a real crowd pleaser – even those who claim they hate catfish end up getting up for seconds.