Blackened mahi mahi with corn salsa and honey glazed carrots. Remove fish from grill once it flakes easily with a fork. Brush remaining paste on cooked fish. This Grilled Mahi with Corn and Avocado Salsa hits al the marks!
I used mahi mahi for the fish, because I had some and I really like it, but any firm white fish would work well here. You could also use a blackening seasoning mix (or cajun seasoning – it's pretty similar) if you happen to have some instead of making the seasoning. Or you could leave it off altogether and. You can have Blackened mahi mahi with corn salsa and honey glazed carrots using 29 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Blackened mahi mahi with corn salsa and honey glazed carrots
- It’s of Carrots.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s of Corn Salsa.
- You need 1 small of onion, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 of inch ginger, grated.
- You need 1/2 of corn on cob, kernels separated.
- You need 2 tbsp of olives and palmettos.
- Prepare 1 stick of scallion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of flat parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Fish.
- It’s 2 of mahi mahi fillets.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of lemon, sliced.
- You need 1 bunch of arugula.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinaigrette.
To make the salsa, prepare a hot fire in a grill. The honey-glazed carrots at the bottom of the pot are bonus. For this roasted chicken recipe, keep an eye on the vegetables as they glaze at the end—the honey can burn if given the chance. Remove silks from ears of corn and pull husks back to cover.
Blackened mahi mahi with corn salsa and honey glazed carrots instructions
- Heat sauce pot on medium. Add butter…once melted add carrots and cook until tender. Add pinch of pepper along with honey. Stir to mix then place carrots to side but keep same pot for next step..
- Sweat hard veggies on low heat with just enough oil to keep from sticking…Afterwards, in hot sauce pot add butter and melt. Then add veggies along with gatlic and ginger. Sautee for 1 minute then add wine. Reduce by 2/3…Add soft veggies and cook for another minute..
- Season fish. Heat pan on medium high. Add oil..Add fish.. cook each side for 60-90 seconds.
- Sautee lemon rings with pinch of salt..
- Mix arugula and vinaigrette together..
- place arugula on center of plate. Place fish fillet on top of arugula. Pour corn salsa on top of fish. Add side of carrots and side of lemon rings..
Place on grill and char on all sides until corn is cooked.. Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn recipe is cheesy and delicious, made with boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn and salsa topped with melted cheddar cheese. To turn these into tacos, you transfer the chicken, corn and black beans with a slotted spoon into a serving platter. These roasted carrots with honey butter are worth the wait. I'd double the recipe because they reheat very well.