Allen's cedar plank salmon. There is nothing better in Seattle than cedar planked salmon – unless it is Copper River Cedar planked Salmon. I usually just use olive oil salt pepper and dill and people who've never experienced planked. This easy and delicious Cedar Plank salmon recipe belongs in a restaurant.
Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on. Grilled cedar plank salmon with a homemade herb spice mix. This Yummy Allen's cedar plank salmon using 6 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Allen's cedar plank salmon
- You need 1 lb of salmon filet.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of cedar plank.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
Cooking on wood infuses a delicious smokey flavor into this tender flaky fish. This grilled cedar plank salmon recipe incorporates a blend of aromatic herbs and spices to make the dish burst with flavor. Cedar plank salmon is a delicious way to grill salmon with enormous flavor. You get that lovely smoky flavor in the fish, the salmon stays extra moist and you don't have to worry about the salmon sticking to the grill and falling apart.
Allen's cedar plank salmon step by step
- Preheat grill to 400 (I did mine on the Big Green Egg) I also used oak but you don't have to the cedar plank puts flavor into the fish..
- Have the cedar planks presoaked in salt water for at least a half hour.
- Rub the lemon zest and lemon pepper over the salmon..
- Mix the melted butter with the lemon juice and pour over the salmon and let it marinate in the fridge for a half hour while you get the grill ready..
- Put the salmon on the plank and place on the grill. Cook fish for 15 to 20 minutes and take off of the grill..
- Save the plank for future cooks..
- I served my fish with white rice and sauteed asparagus. Enjoy!.
Place the salmon on the planks. Coat the salmon with a thin layer of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest or juice. Reusing cedar planks: Cedar planks can be re-used until they become overly charred, cracked, or impossible to clean. Cooking salmon fillets on a cedar plank on the grill gives you the smoky flavor and an impressive presentation.