Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce. Toss spaghetti with clam sauce, and top with grated Romano cheese. This easy Spaghetti with Clam Sauce recipe is the perfect dish to celebrate the start of the weekend. Who could resist clams, garlic, and an indulgent white wine sauce?
It's for those of us who sometimes (often) forget to plan, wait until The recipe uses canned minced clams, the clam juice in the cans, some olive oil, white wine, lemon zest, parsley, and plenty of garlic to make the sauce. The traditional Spaghetti alle Vongole recipe is made with, you guessed it, spaghetti. The red pepper flakes give it a nice little kick, but How Many Calories and Points in this Spaghetti Clam Sauce Dinner? You can cook Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce using 10 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti.
- It’s 2 lb of clams.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley.
Add to clam sauce along with parsley and chili flakes; mix, and add salt to taste. Add spaghetti to boiling water, and cook until slightly underdone; pasta will finish cooking in sauce. Baby clams are tossed in a sea of spaghetti with a classic Italian sauce of tomatoes, capsicum and garlic, with a hint of chilli. Add stock and wine and bring to the boil.
Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce step by step
- boil and salt water in pot to cook pasta.
- in a large pan, melt butter and add Olive oil over medium heat.
- add onion and garlic, sautee for a few minutes until fragrant.
- add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- *if you haven't already, add pasta to boiling water, and cook about ten minutes stirring occasionally. Cook slightly al dente..
- to pan, add wine, lemon juice, and clams.
- stir and place lid on pan to allow clams to steam and open (if they do not open, discard).
- add chopped parsley.
- drain pasta, do not rinse, and add to pan of clams..
- stir and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- turn off the heat and stir to make sure the pasta is coated, serve hot.
- you can top with some fresh parsley, parmesan, and add garlic bread if desired.
This is a rerun from my old blog, but I've had several requests for it so I posted it today. This pasta dish is always a best seller at Italian restaurants, but very few people try to make it at home. As you'll see in the video, the sauce only. White Italian spaghetti sauce is commonly known by its French name, bechamel sauce, although the Italians refer to it as salsa di besciamella. For a simple seafood dish, stir in a can of tinned clams with some chopped garlic for a traditional Italian sauce that pairs well with spaghetti.