Gumbo. Гумбо или Гамбо (англ. gumbo, транскрипция «гамбо», транслитерация «гумбо») — блюдо американской кухни, распространённое в штате Луизиана. With a slow cooked roux and gumbo file powder flavoring the shrimp, crabmeat, and andouille sausage, this gumbo is an authentic creole meal. Get a gumbo mug for your papa Georges.
He works as a firefighter at the fire department. He is voiced by Dave Wilson. Gumbo is very tall and skin is the color red. You can cook Gumbo using 16 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Gumbo
- It’s 3 tbsp of Shortening.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green Pepper, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 lb of Chicken, boneless and skinless.
- It’s 3/4 lb of Smoked Sausage.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Red pepper flakes, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of okra, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of file (optional).
- It’s 4 cup of rice.
His eyes, mouth, nose, and eyebrows are very similar to Gumby's. Gumbo definition is – a soup thickened with okra pods or filé and containing meat or seafoods and usually vegetables. Gumbo is a stew from Louisiana, USA, consisting of a strong stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener Gumbo is traditionally served over rice, and combines ingredients and culinary practices of several. Gumbo is a soup or stew that is served alongside or on top of rice.
Gumbo step by step
- Melt shortening in large saucepan or kettle over moderate heat. Stir in flour and continue stirring until mixture turns light brown..
- Add onions and green peppers and stir until well mixed. Continue to stir on occasion for about 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp and tender..
- Add chicken and sausage and stir in water. May need to add more water if mixture appears thick. Cover pan and simmer 35 minutes..
- Add shrimp, salt, black pepper, tomato paste, green onions, and okra. Add more boiling water if necessary. Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add file just before serving over hot rice..
Jambalaya is a casserole that is cooked in the same pot as the rice. From Bantu ngombo, kingombo ("okra plant"), possibly via Gullah. Cognate to Portuguese quiabo, Caribbean Spanish guingambó, and cognates in other Romance languages. Rhymes: -ʌmbəʊ. gumbo (countable and uncountable, plural gumbos). (countable). Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do!