Shrimp soup/ Chupa de camarones.
You can cook Shrimp soup/ Chupa de camarones using 26 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp soup/ Chupa de camarones
- Prepare of soup—————————.
- It’s 5 1/2 lb of large shrimp deveined.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 of large onions chopped.
- Prepare 5 of large tomatoes skinned and seeded chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of red aji chili paste.
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of fava beans.
- It’s 2 1/4 lb of peas.
- You need 14 of small yellow potatoes.
- You need 3 ears of corn cut into 2 inch slices.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- It’s 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh farmers cheese cut into cubes.
- Prepare 12 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 6 1/2 quart of water.
- You need of red chili sauce——————.
- It’s 1/2 cup of farmers cheese cubed.
- You need 4 of red hot peppers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Shrimp soup/ Chupa de camarones instructions
- Peel and de-vein shrimp reserve heads and shells save 12 whole shrimp for decoration..
- Put 6 1/2 quarts of water in a pot add heads and shells to water, and salt boil for 45 minutes then strain..
- In a sauce pan sauteed onions garlic and tomatoes, add ketchup, red hot chili paste, cumin, salt, pepper, and shrimp bodies..
- After 45 minutes before serving add to boiling stock rice, fava beans, peas, and corn..
- In a medium sized pot add 2 quarts of soup/broth. Then poach the eggs in this liquid, you can poach more than one at a time depending on the size of pot..
- In a double boiler cook peeled potatoes or steam till done..
- Add milk, cheese, whole shrimp, and oregano after rice is done.
- In individual bowls serve potatoes pour soup over top place a whole shrimp and poached egg on top of each serves 12.
- For the sauce boil the red hot chili's in water desired devein peppers blend with rest ingredients serve in it's own little dish on side with the cheese added at the last..