Calamari Stew with Garlic Toast. Serve immediately with the Calamari Stew. Meanwhile, drizzle the bread slices with olive oil. Enjoy calamari with an aromatic and tasty sauce and with some crisp slices of garlic toasted bread.
Calamari (squid) slow cooked in tomato sauce with onion, fennel, garlic, red wine, and parsley. Think of this dish as something between a stew and a pasta sauce. It's every bit as good as-is—with crusty bread, of course—as it is accompanying pasta (go with a short pasta like penne, bowties or. You can have Calamari Stew with Garlic Toast using 14 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Calamari Stew with Garlic Toast
- You need of For the Calamari Stew.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, cut in 1/2.
- You need 3/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 lb of Calamari (Squid) cleaned and ink removed, bodies thinly sliced and tentacles whole.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of Clasico Tomato and Basil Sauce, but you can substitute with tomato sauce.
- You need of For the Garlic Toast.
- Prepare 1 loaf of baguette, sliced into 12 pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, for drizzling.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, whole.
Quick Garlic Toast Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice in half; place plain side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
Calamari Stew with Garlic Toast instructions
- For the Calamari Stew: Warm the olive oil on medium heat in a medium pot..
- Add the garlic, and let cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Remove the garlic from the oil and set aside..
- Add the tomato sauce, white wine, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper into the pot of olive oil..
- Bring the mixture to a simmer..
- Add the calamari and sautéed garlic into the pot and stir to combine..
- Continue to cook until mixture comes back to a simmer, approximately 2 more minutes..
- Serve immediately with the garlic toasts..
- For the Garlic Toasts: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, drizzle the bread slices with olive oil. Use a brush to slather the oil evenly onto the bread. Arrange the bread slices on a long sheet of aluminum foil. Carefully, place the aluminum foil with the bread slices into the preheated oven on the middle rack. Toast until the bread is crisp and turning golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and rub the top of the toasts with whole garlic cloves. Serve immediately with the Calamari Stew..
Spanish-Style Clam Stew with Garlic Toast. Saute the onions, garlic and chili in the olive oil for a few minutes. Our stew starts with a base of onion and aromatic spices (including dried lemon peel), sautéed in the same pan used to cook the cod for deeper flavor. In a nod to tradition, we're serving crunchy garlic toasts on the side and topping off each bowl with a rich, creamy aioli (which thickens the broth nicely. Calamari lend sophistication to robust ingredients like new potatoes and garlic.