Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp. There has been a creamy curried potato soup, a sweet potato soup with miso and ginger, and a roasted garlic and potato soup. If you already have a few baked potatoes and some cooked bacon in the fridge, this dish comes together in less than five minutes. We have our favorite soups, to be sure: Sweet Potato and Poblano Pepper, Lentil Stew with Winter Vegetables, Bacon With a glut of potatoes from our CSA to work our way through, we've found ourselves leaning upon a new favorite: Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
Add potatoes and green onions and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Remove the cooked bacon and set aside. You can have Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp using 16 easy ingredients and 16 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp
- It’s 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 lb of cheese.
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- Prepare 5 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 10 large of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bacon drippings.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of essence of emril seasoning (optionl).
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
The secret to slimming it down is swapping part of the potatoes with cauliflower, you can't even tell! This has been one of my most popular soup recipes. This loaded baked potato soup will remind you of your favorite restaurant soup. It's made with lots of cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- scrub potatoes and prick skin with a fork.
- bake potatoes until tender, about 30 mins.
- bake bacon slices in the oven until crisp..
- place stick of butter in heavy bottom pot and add flour makong a roux. make sure not to let it get any color..
- whisk in cream and let cook until it thickens.
- add milk and let it thicken just a little bit more then add all cheese..
- whisk mixture until the cheese is melts. mixture should be smooth, NO LUMPS.
- add 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to the soup and stir..
- add 2 tablespoons butter to a pan and sautée shrimp using old bay and essence for seasoning..
- add salt and pepper to taste to cheese mixture.
- cut potatoes lenthwise and scoop out pulp placing in soup..
- with a potato masher carefully mash potatoes leaving some lumps..
- crumble bacon.
- Once the soup is done place in bowl using various toppings. Shrimp, bacon, green onions, extra cheese and sour cream.
Top this thick and tasty loaded baked potato soup with some extra cooked crumbled bacon and green onions just before serving. Most recipes for loaded potato soup also incorporated mashed baked potatoes, if they even actually use baked potatoes at all because a few use things like frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, or even frozen mashed potatoes. All of these make a fine potato soup, but to me that doesn't really qualify. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.