Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree. My smoked mackerel kedgeree recipe is another ode to one of my favourite ingredients, smoked mackerel! Often flagged as a breakfast dish kedgeree is an Anglo Indian dish most commonly made. This delicious brunch, lunch or supper recipe is really quick and easy Discard the cinnamon stick.
Using ready-cooked rice makes this speedy to prepare. Whether you're having it for brunch, lunch or a speedy midweek meal, kedgeree is packed with flavour and wonderfully filling. Set a kettle of water to boil. You can cook Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree using 7 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree
- Prepare 1 of Filet smoked mackerel.
- It’s 1 cup of Rice.
- You need 1 of Sultanas.
- Prepare 1 of Boiled egg.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 cup of Peas, broad beans, spinach or other greens.
- It’s 2 tsp of Curry powder.
Break up the smoked mackerel fillets into flakes (removing any bones you might discover) and add to To serve, place a few generous spoonfuls of kedgeree into bowls and garnish with a little freshly. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. This smoked mackerel kedgeree is a tasty, warm winter dish with a difference. Cook Spekko Pure Basmati Aromatic Indian Rice according to the packet instructions.
Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree step by step
- Sautée onion in oil and curry powder.
- Add rice, stir through and then cover with water and cook as per the rice packet instructions/your usual method.
- While rice is cooking, flake fish, chop boiled egg and separately cook greebs.
- Five minutes before the rice is done (after about 25 mins for me with brown rice), add the sultanas to the rice in the pan so they soak up some moisture.
- When the rice is done, turn off the heat and add the greens, mackerel and egg. Stir and leave to sit for a few minutes before serving.
One of a series of Vitamin D recipe videos created for nutrition, health and lifestyle brand, Healthspan. Shot and edited by Steve Hammal of Dark Skies Productions… Smoked mackerel and prawn kedgeree recipe – maybe not the most traditional classic but it's very The origins of chicken tikka masala, here we come. Kedgeree – a strange concoction of rice, eggs. Kedgeree uses smoked mackerel instead of the traditional smoked haddock. Smocked-mackerel kedgeree: We've adapted this brunch favourite to make a healthy-yet-hearty midweek meal.