Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta. This Spicy Shrimp Tomato Pasta has me excited. Boil the pasta until it is tender. I used fancy/expensive pasta this time, and the whole dish was still very inexpensive!
Remove the shrimp and place in a small bowl to the side. A flavorful tomato sauce that's a cinch to make and rock shrimp that come already peeled mean a weeknight dinner recipe has never been so easy—or delicious. Using a spider or a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to pot with sauce; add shrimp and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. This Tasty Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta using 17 simple ingredients and 12 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 packages of of pasta of choice.
- Prepare 1 cup of of spinach.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen or fresh shrimp peeled and deveined.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried or fresh oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of starch water.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of red pepper flakes to your liking.
- You need 1 of shaved parmesan to top to your liking.
- You need 1 of sesame seeds (optional).
- You need 1 of handful parsley.
- You need 1 of handful of basil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
A simple spicy shrimp pasta that's perfect for the summertime! Similar to the shrimp fra diavolo you get at Italian restaurants, this recipe is made with lots of garlic and cherry tomatoes bursting with summer goodness. Spicy Shrimp with Tomato Cream Pasta is the perfect comfort food for warmer months because it's hearty and filling without being overly rich and heavy. Learn how to make Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Sauce.
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta step by step
- If using frozen shrimp place them in a drainer and run cool water over them until thawed. If using fresh shrimp, rinse them under cool water and set to side..
- Pour Olive oil and butter in skillet or sautee pan set on medium heat..
- Fill a pot up with enough water for pasta, salt heavily and set on high heat..
- While Olive oil and butter is melting mince garlic and chop onions. Add garlic and onions when the butter is melted..
- Add pasta and spinach(I use frozen, it sticks to the pasta better than fresh) to boiling water and cook until tender. See cooking directions on package..
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for one minute if using frozen, if using fresh cook until no longer translucent. Don't over cook or they will be rubbery. Remove shrimp and place in a bowl..
- Pour cans of diced tomatoes to skillet, add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Use as little or as much red pepper flakes you want, I love it spicy..
- Add a cup of the pasta water to tomatoes(i use a coffee mug and dip it in the hot water). Let tomatoes shimmer for a few minutes, until pasta is done..
- Add shrimp to tomatoes, and drain pasta. Put pasta back in pot and add the tomato and shrimp sauce to pasta..
- Simmer pasta and sauce and let the flavors marry and get to know each other!.
- When sauce has thickened a bit turn heat off, top with parsley, cheese and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy with a salad or garlic bread or both;) I always add more cheese and red pepper flakes to my personal plate! Like I said, I like it spicy!.
Toss the vegetables into the pasta with the sauce. With its competing spices, strong-flavored cilantro, and acidic tomatoes, this pasta dish calls for a simple. This spicy, garlicky shrimp and tomato sauce is terrific over pasta. Add more red pepper flakes if you like it extra hot. I kept everything else the same!