Fresh Salmon w/Quinoa. Mediterranean salmon and vegetable quinoa recipe is a healthy protein-packed meal! Earthy spices roasted lemons and fresh vegetables in each bite. One ingredient that I always use to brighten up dishes is lemons.
It's filled with hearty quinoa, fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, and herbs. These delicious salmon fish cakes are a healthier option by being baked rather than fried. I used tinned wild red salmon but fresh salmon would work perfectly also. This Perfect Fresh Salmon w/Quinoa using 9 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Fresh Salmon w/Quinoa
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry quinoa.
- You need 5 oz of Atlantic salmon portions or cut 4 portions from fillet.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red onion cut into wedges.
- You need 8 clove of garlic peeled.
- Prepare 2 each of tomatoes cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers drained.
- Prepare 8 of pitted kalamata olives.
- You need 3 oz of arugula.
- It’s 1 tsp of Finley cut chives, for garnish.
I served them with a tomato, red onion and avocado salsa. Please read the Tips & Tricks in the article before making this healthy grilled salmon bowl with vegetables and quinoa. If you do it outdoors, a charcoal grill will enhance its flavor. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
Fresh Salmon w/Quinoa step by step
- Prepared quinoa according to package directions. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Keep warm.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper to taste..
- Heat nonstick sautee pan with just enough oil to coat over medium heat.add salmon and cook on one side until golden brown, about 3 minutes.turn the portions carefully with a spatula and cook for another 3 minutes..
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.add onions and sautee along with garlic and tomatoes until semi-soft add capers, olives and arugula. Toss until the leaves are wilted.seasoning to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the quinoa in the center of 4 plates, set the salmon on the top and distribute the tomato-arugula mixture evenly next to the portions. Garnish with chives.
In a small bowl, stir together honey, mustard and garlic. Brush both sides of salmon with honey mixture. For a gas or charcoal grill, place salmon on grill rack directly over medium heat. Add salmon, along with the liquid in the can, to a large bowl and flake with fork. Mix in the green onion,parsley, lemon zest, and eggs. using your hands combine.