Easy Gumbo. Every good gumbo starts with mixture of butter and flour called a roux. In this case, we're cooking In this time, you should be stirring somewhat constantly. It's very easy to burn a roux, and if you do then.
This is some type of watery soup, but. Cooking this gumbo recipe is made a lot easier in a pressure cooker. This easy gumbo inspired by a West African soup and made with shredded chicken, okra, and curry powder is not your typical Southern gumbo. You can cook Easy Gumbo using 9 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Easy Gumbo
- You need 1 box of Zatatrain's gumbo mix.
- You need 4-6 of chicken tenderloins boiled and shredded.
- It’s 1 lb of sausage (your preference on spice level).
- Prepare 1 pound of uncooked shrimp.
- Prepare 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of okra or 1 (16oz) bag of frozen okra.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 6 cups of water.
All Reviews for Easy Gumbo (Okra Soup). Here's an easy recipe for nice gumbo that you can play with. I rarely follow recipes as I think cooking should be an adventure and I enjoy the surprise of each preparation's variations. This Easy Gumbo Recipe Is Perfect For Celebrating Mardi Gras.
Easy Gumbo instructions
- Boil and shred the chicken.
- Add everything EXCEPT for the shrimp to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 min..
- After 15 minutes is up add the shrimp and simmer for 10 min..
- Enjoy with some warm French bread.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Chicken and Sausage Gumbo? First and foremost, DO NOT BE AFRAID of the list of ingredients. Take a trip to the Big Easy with this Easy Gumbo Recipe! Instant Pot Gumbo is so easy to make! Loaded with sausage, chicken and shrimp, this gumbo is BURSTING with Creole flavors!