Delicious Easy Clam Chowder. Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! Soup season has come and gone, but a bowl of clam chowder can really be eaten in any kind of weather, especially when it comes to the homemade version. A wonderful hot delicious springtime lunch or dinner!
However, many recipes require a long cooking time for the ingredients to cook slowly while the flavors meld together. That's not the case with this quick and easy clam chowder that tastes just as delicious as the versions that. This easy clam chowder recipe is straight from New England and remains my favorite! You can have Delicious Easy Clam Chowder using 12 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Easy Clam Chowder
- You need 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 5 can of clam 6.5 oz.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of bacon.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of parsley, roasted garlic optional.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk or half and half.
- Prepare 1 of Bread bowl optional.
- You need 7 tbsp of cornstarch.
I try all different recipes for creamy clam chowder but I keep coming back to this one! Living in New England has its perks: beautiful foliage, cool accents, Maine lobsters, delish seafood and … easy clam chowder! Season chowder with salt and pepper to taste. If the chowder is too thick, gradually stir in more half-and-half until you reach your desired consistency.
Delicious Easy Clam Chowder instructions
- Turn on crockpot to high, add clam with its juice, broth and the chopped potato. I recommend peeling the potato first. Do not add the cream or milk..
- Chop onion then sautee onion in pan until soft for about 5 min. Add sauteed onion to crockpot and allow the contents to cook for 3 hours or when potatoes are soft..
- During the fourth hour of cooking, you'll want to add the milk or cream and cornstarch. Mix 7 tablespoons of cornstarch with one cup of milk or cream and then add it to the crockpot. We like our clam chowder hearty and a little thick. Stir. Add the remaining cups of milk or cream. Stir..
- Within the last hour, your soup will thicken. When its done to your liking, top will parsley, green onion, cheese, hot sauce and or bacon (basically whatever you want) and viola!.
- **** Bacon: I highly recommend oven baking your bacon. Less splatter, less mess and just as good..
Garnish with bacon and chives and serve immediately. This is such an easy recipe for clam chowder, it's one of my favorites! Adapted from Cook's Illustrated, this was very easy to put together and was surprisingly delicious. Not thick enough in my book for bread bowls, it was perfect with served with a crusty roll and my husband, who is a self-proclaimed clam chowder afficionado, declared it a "make-again." That's pretty high. Clam chowder is best made with fresh clams (quahogs or cherrystones), but if you don't have access to fresh clams, you can use clam juice and canned chopped clams.