3 Meat Gumbo.
You can cook 3 Meat Gumbo using 17 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of 3 Meat Gumbo
- You need 2 (32 oz) of containers of veggie broth.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of container of water.
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 4 of andouille sausage halves.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers.
- You need 1 of jalapeno to taste.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of bag of peeled shrimp.
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of bag of okra.
- It’s to taste of Cajun seasoning premixed.
- You need of Sriracha to taste (when it's done and in your bowl).
- It’s 2 tbs of garlic or however much you prefer.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of oregano.
3 Meat Gumbo instructions
- Dice up all of the vegetables.
- Mix the 2 tbs of butter, flour, and onion, garlic, and peppers to make a roux (row).
- Put cut up pieces of raw chicken and sausage in the broth. (I used frozen, hence reason it's whole in the pic).
- Add all veggies (except for the tomatoes) to the broth.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and white, add shrimp and tomatoes. (Total amount of time to cook takes about 45 minutes on medium high heat).
- Shrimp and tomatoes cook for about 10-15 minutes. Shrimp should turn pink..
- Rice is cooking while the meat and veggies are cooking. I use a rice cooker..
- Add rice to serving bowl and pour broth and meat and veggies over it..
- Add Sriracha or tabisco sauce on top if you like it hot..