Mr. Mike's Crawfish Cornbread. This Cajun-inspired treat is somewhere between a cornbread and a casserole, and will pair nicely with a big bowl of jambalaya. I've had many versions of crawfish cornbread but they're usually dry. I like to add cajun seasoning.
Hearty enough to be eaten by itself as a meal, even better with Red Beans and Rice. Because there's a full pound of crawfish tails, lots of cheese, onion, peppers and creamed. Join Chef Bourque as he makes his famous Crawfish Cornbread using the tastiest Louisiana crawfish tails on the market. You can have Mr. Mike's Crawfish Cornbread using 11 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Mr. Mike's Crawfish Cornbread
- You need of Ingredients.
- It’s 2 box of jiffy cornbread mix.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of jalapeno, diced.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of 8-ounce can corn, drained.
- You need 1 of (8-ounce) can cream corn.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 lb of crawfish tails, precooked and rough chopped.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
This is the cornbread that made Jean. The original recipe called for green pepper and jalapeno which I am sure would also be great. A FABULOUS Cajun/Creole twist on a Southern stple – cornbread. In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, salt and soda.
Mr. Mike's Crawfish Cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno until the onions are translucent. Set aside to cool..
- Mix together the cornbread mix, eggs, corn, and creamed corn in a large bowl..
- Stir in the chopped crawfish tails and cheddar cheese. Mix well to combine..
- Stir in the sauteed vegetables and stir to combine..
- Spread the cornbread out in a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
In a medium bowl beat eggs Crabmeat cornbread stuffed baked catfish with creamy white gravy. If you like Crawfish, you may also like: Dizzy Strange Summer by Genevieve Artadi. Krabs is enterprising enough to escape the pot, should this be how the crawfish ended up on the ground. Krabs is all about that money — so naturally he would Now, canon would lead you to believe that Mr. Krabs is in fact a crab, but in my internal fiction I like to believe he's a crawfish.