Oyster and Artichoke soup. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Regarding his recipe for Oyster and Artichoke Soup, Chef Allen Levesque says, "This elegant soup is a great starter for that special dinner. I came up with this recipe while researching for a demonstration dinner on the foods of Louisiana.
For the soup ingredients: Quarter the artichoke hearts. Strain the oyster water through a fine sieve into the fish stock. Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group. This Perfect Oyster and Artichoke soup using 12 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oyster and Artichoke soup
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced small.
- It’s 1/3 cup of celery.
- You need 2-7.5 oz of jars artichokes quartered and drained.
- Prepare 3/4 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh oysters and liquid.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cheese parmesan works well.
- Prepare 1 of large clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s of Thicken with corn starch.
Oyster and Artichoke Soup Paired with Joel Gott Chardonnay. Refined and delicious artichoke soup, made from the hearts of fresh globe artichokes, leeks, shallots, yukon gold potatoes, stock, a little cream, and herbs. Add chopped green onions to soup. The weather has turned warm and I have stopped eating raw oysters.
Oyster and Artichoke soup instructions
- Add butter onions celery and garlic sauteed until onions are clear.
- Add artichoke and white wine when alcohol is cooked off add oysters.
- Add heavy cream and milk salt and tweak with cheese.
- Enjoy this is a good one.
But the oyster season isn't over yet. I bought a gallon of shucked oysters from Croatian oysterman Misho Ivic down in San Leon and I am cooking up a storm with them. If ever two flavors were made for each other, oysters and artichokes are "it." New Orleans loves them together, and they usually appear as soup. At Commander's Palace, however, nothing is "usual." Here the artichokes are prepared and. Margarine, scallions, spring or green onions, garlic cloves, artichoke hearts, chicken broth, all-purpose flour, oysters, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce, salt.