(Kosher version) Shrimp Gumbo.
You can have (Kosher version) Shrimp Gumbo using 10 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of (Kosher version) Shrimp Gumbo
- You need 3 slice of (veggie) bacon.
- You need 2 cup of hot water.
- It’s 2 cup of canned tomatoes.
- Prepare 16 of okra.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- You need 1 of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of small onion-minced.
- It’s 2 lb of green shrimps (or kosher imitation crab).
(Kosher version) Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- Dice the bacon and heat in a stew pan or small sauce pan..
- Add the onion minced and cook five minutes..
- Then add the flour, stirring constantly until brown..
- If you are using a crockpot, transfer the bacon & onion mixture to the crockpot..
- Add the tomatoes, the water, the okra cut into small pieces, and the shelled shrimps (imitation crab)..
- Season with salt and a generous dash of cayenne pepper and simmer one hour..
- Serve hot with rice, which has been cooked meanwhile in boiling salted water..
- Canned okra may be used, in which case add 15 minutes before serving..