Sea scallops in tomato onion soup. A light and elegant dinner, find Seared Sea Scallops with Tomato, Red Onion and Balsamic Salsa and other simply great recipes at From A Chef's Kitchen. Bay scallops (on the left) are small in size and are best used in a soup, stew or pasta dish. The sea scallop (on the right) is the one you want for.
It's straightforward and fun to make However, despite facing the sea, the absence of safe moorings for boats has prevented the. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. In a large soup plate, ladle the onion broth, making an island of onions in the middle. You can cook Sea scallops in tomato onion soup using 11 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Sea scallops in tomato onion soup
- Prepare 1/2 lb of wild caught sea scallops.
- You need 1/2 lb of wild caught shrimps.
- Prepare 2 lbs of organic vine ripen tomatoes.
- You need 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of largest onion, diced.
- You need 3 of celery sticks.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Non filtered extra virgin Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Finishing herb of your choice.
Drain relish in a sieve, discarding liquid, then stir in dill. Onion Tomato Soup. "Fresh herbs really make the difference in the flavor of this low-fat vegetarian soup," notes Lisa Blackwell from Henderson, North Carolina. Hi, this is a really simple quick soup. Only takes minutes to prepare but it is super healthy.
Sea scallops in tomato onion soup instructions
- Make the tomatoes base first by sauté diced tomatoes in olive oil. Add salt and simmer for a few minutes until red juice come out. Set aside..
- In the heated wok, sear egg washed scallops on both sides until set and set them aside..
- Sautée diced onion, potatoes and celery until aromatic. Season them with salt and pepper..
- Transfer the sauteed veggies into a large soup pot. Add the tomato base now. Pour in two cups of white wine or homemade seafood broth. Bring it to a boil and reduce it to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are very soft and the soup is thickened..
I hope you will like it. The marriage of onion and tomato soup could not have been more ideal. The flavors complement each other perfectly. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to the original! Return the remaining onions to the pot, along with the tomatoes, sherry, soy sauce, onion soup mix, and seasonings.