Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. Make the shrimp: In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with the salt and pepper; add to the preheated pan in a single layer. To make her fabulous seafood pasta, star chef Giada De Laurentiis tosses spaghetti with sweet seared shrimp, tangy lemon sauce and crisp fried capers.
For the shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Are you enjoying your long weekend? Buuut, if you're anything like me, spaghetti shrimp dinners are awesome! This Delicious Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- You need 1 T of evoo.
- Prepare 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- It’s 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gluten free yam starch noodles).
- Prepare 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- You need 2/3 c of evoo.
- Prepare 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- You need 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- It’s 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- You need 1 of \3 c chopped fresh basil.
- You need 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
The buttery fruit gets a quick buzz in a blender with plenty of lemon juice, turning velvety thick. It melts into the hot, white wine-scented pasta, adding a flavorful coating to the red onion, and shrimp. A dusting of lemon zest enlivens the dish, making the spaghetti impossible to put down. Plump shrimp marry perfectly with spaghetti and aromatics like garlic, chile flakes and the fruity zest of Meyer lemon.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp step by step
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
Looking for easy shrimp spaghetti recipes? This Lemony Shrimp and Asparagus Spaghetti recipe from Delish.com is insanely delicious. Add lemon juice, lemon slices, Parmesan and heavy cream and let simmer, then. You'll be amazed that you can make this simple, elegant pasta in mere minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.