Seafood Chowder. Tender shrimp, fish and scallops are combined in a creamy white wine broth with veggies. Seafood Stock: Warm the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. My husband, Chad is an avid fisherman.
Are you looking for a quick but delicious seafood soup? Can't wait to make that stock and take all that extra time? This chowder of root-cellar vegetables, clams and fish is one of the easiest and best things to cook for a weekend dinner with family and friends. This Yummy Seafood Chowder using 15 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Chowder
- You need 8 of bacon slices.
- You need 8 of green onions minced – reserve green part and set aside.
- It’s 2 Tbs of thyme.
- It’s 2 of whole garlic's minced.
- It’s 4 Tbs of flour.
- Prepare 5 cups of milk (I used nonfat).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 lbs of raw shrimp in shell.
- Prepare 4 of lobster tails.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (I used 2 tsp because I like it spicy).
- Prepare 24 oz of frozen corn.
- It’s 2 cans of crab meat (I used Blue Star).
Creamy Seafood Chowder, a feast of tasty fish & seafood in a beautifully seasoned creamy broth. Makes an elegant lunch or in small portions as an appetizer. Seafood Chowder is hearty, filling, delicious, and super easy to make. You'll wow everyone with this Seafood Chowder is a favorite dish in our house.
Seafood Chowder instructions
- In a stock pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon when finished and set aside..
- Sauteed green onion, thyme and garlic in bacon reserves for about 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in flour, milk chicken stock and bay leaves. Continue stirring for about 1 minute..
- On medium low heat, add shrimp and lobster tails. Cook for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is done. Try not to overcook the seafood..
- Remove shrimp and lobster tails when cooked and turn stovetop to low..
- Remove shrimp and lobster from shells. Chop lobster into pieces then add both back to pot..
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, crab meat and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium low then add bacon bits and the green part of onions..
- You can adjust the seasonings to your taste and add more flour for thickness..
It's rich and hearty, super filling and a total comfort. Seafood Chowder with Clams, Shrimp and Fish. Creamy chowder with an abundance of clams, shrimp and fish for hearty soup to please a crowd. A delicious bowl of seafood chowder right in the middle of summer or on a crisp spring day. Just close your eyes and imagine eating your chowder by the sea.