North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits. Preparation Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. The Best Sauteed Oyster Mushrooms Recipes on Yummly Dolsot Bibimbap (korean Stone Pot Rice Bowl), Oysters And Grits With Roasted Tomatoes, Asian Vegetable Soup.
My home cooked version of Oyster Mushrooms, or I called it water mushrooms. Golden Oyster Mushroom is a tropical fungus that thrives in warm weather. It produces beautiful clusters with yellow caps that are a favorite at farmers' markets. You can have North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits using 20 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits
- You need of Gouda Grits.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Riverview Farms grits.
- You need 2 oz of grated Gouda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Trout with Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans.
- You need 16 oz of fresh trout filets.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pecan pieces.
- You need 2 oz of oyster mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cinnamon ground.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin ground.
- It’s 1/10 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 8 each of cherry tomatoes, halved.
North Spore's spawn is your access to grow your own mushrooms and explore the mycological world. Fried oyster mushrooms tastes crispy outside and soft inside. Usually it is served with Sichuan peppercorn powder and salt. After cleaning, slightly squeeze the water out.
North Carolina Trout with Sautéed Oyster Mushrooms and Pecans with Gouda Grits step by step
- Combine milk, water, salt, and pepper in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer, while occasionally stirring, over medium heat. Slowly stir in the grits with a whisk, then continue to stir until they return to a simmer..
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook 25-30 minutes. Season the trout with salt and pepper..
- Continue stirring grits along the bottom of the pot every 5 minutes or so with a whisk and/or flat-edged wooden spoon to avoid scorching the pot. Once grits have cooked fully, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let rest on the stove for another 15-20 minutes..
- While grits are resting, heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, and heat until shimmering..
- Add trout skin-side down. Cook without turning or moving until the fish is mostly cooked through and well-browned and crisp on the skin side. Move to a plate, skin-side up, and set aside..
- Add pecans to the trout pan and toast/brown for 1-2 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms, butter, and spices. Cook while stirring 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Push everything to one side, then return fish to the pan, skin-side up. Turn off the heat..
- Add the grated Gouda and butter to the grits, stirring well to melt and combine, then adjust the consistency with a little more milk or water if needed. The grits should be viscous but should still “stand up” on the plate..
- Top trout with the oyster mushroom and pecan mixture and serve alongside a helping of Gouda grits. Enjoy!.
Trout fillets are coated in crunchy seasoned pecans and baked for an easy but elegant seafood dinner. I would half the amount of salt and it would make the pecan crusted trout perfect. I will make it again though. Sauteed Oyster Mushrooms recipe: Try this Sauteed Oyster Mushrooms recipe, or contribute your own. Perfectly sautéed mushrooms are tender, brown, and never soggy.