Sautéed Trout Filet Topped with Apple Mostardo and Garlicky Collard Greens.
This Appetizing Sautéed Trout Filet Topped with Apple Mostardo and Garlicky Collard Greens using 17 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Sautéed Trout Filet Topped with Apple Mostardo and Garlicky Collard Greens
- You need of Sautéed Trout with Apple Mostardo.
- Prepare 1 oz of water, hot.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of raw sugar.
- You need 1 oz of sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 1 each of lemon, zested and juiced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dried currants.
- You need 3 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown mustard seed.
- It’s 1 of green apple, cut into medium dice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 16 oz of fresh trout filet, skin on.
- Prepare of Garlicky Collard Greens.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, sliced thinly.
- You need 1 bunch of collard greens.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
Sautéed Trout Filet Topped with Apple Mostardo and Garlicky Collard Greens step by step
- Combine the hot water, raw sugar, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dried currants. Let stand for at least 10 minutes..
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and mustard seeds. Bloom the seeds in the oil (heat slowly while stirring) until the seeds start to sizzle or pop..
- Add the apples to the pot. Stir to combine with the oil and mustard seed, then add the currant mixture and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10-15minutes. Add Dijon mustard while still hot, and set aside..
- Season fish with salt to taste. Wash collard greens in water, handling gently so as not to bruise them. Remove stems from collard greens, tear into 2-inch pieces, and set aside..
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Continue to heat until the oil begins to lightly smoke. Without overcrowding, add the fish, skin-side down. Cook without turning or moving until the fish is cooked most of the way through, well colored and crisp on the skin side. Flip, and cook briefly to finish and remove from pan..
- Adjust heat to medium-low, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic. Cook slightly, but do not brown. Add collard greens, and stir as they wilt. Season with salt and pepper..
- Place a mound of greens in the center of your plate, and top with trout filet, skin-side up..
- Spoon mostardo over the trout. Serve and enjoy!.