White Rice, Moi moi and Carrot Stew. White Moi Moi (Ekuru) is another way to enjoy beans. With a little alteration, it is suitable for vegetarians. It is prepared the same way as regular Moi Moi but with less added ingredients.
This food is very versatile because it pairs well with different foods like Garri, Ogi, Bread, etc. It can go along with different meals. Eat it with a side of Garri, Stuff it inside your Bread, dip it in Ketchup, serve a side with White Rice or Jollof Rice and the. You can have White Rice, Moi moi and Carrot Stew using 10 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of White Rice, Moi moi and Carrot Stew
- It’s 3 cups of beans.
- Prepare 2 of medium size onion.
- It’s 5 of fingers of shombo.
- Prepare 3 of tablespoonful of grounded crayfish.
- You need 4 cubes of maggi.
- It’s 1 of small piece of ginger(just for the aroma).
- You need 1/2 cup of palm oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pot of leftover carrot stew.
- Prepare 1 of pot of leftover white rice.
Moi moi (beans pudding) is one of such Nigerian foods that are loved by every Nigerian. It is made of beans and some other local ingredients. The recipe for beans pudding is not as straight forward as the recipe for porridge beans or even jollof rice but with time and a little keenness, however, You will. Hello Lovelies, Please like this video, subscribe to my channel and let me know in the comment section if you have a video request.
White Rice, Moi moi and Carrot Stew instructions
- Soak your beans in cold water for some minutes to be soft. To make it faster removing the peels, you use mortar and pistil to pound the beans softly in order not to pieces the beans but rather to just remove the peels. After which you wash till the beans is neat..
- After that you wash and add the onion, shombo, ginger into the beans and take it for grinding..
- After the grinding you add your maggi, crayfish, oil into the beans paste, then you keep stirring until the ingredients is well incorporated. If the paste is to thick you add little water into it till you get your desired texture, then you add your salt to taste..
- You start putting the beans paste into the container you wish to use to make the moi moi. I used Milk tin cups..
- You get a big pot that can contain all, put water in the pot that will not cover the tin cups, then you arrange the tin cups with the beans paste in it and cover tight, then put on fire..
- After 45 minutes, your moi moi is ready. Meanwhile your white rice and carrot stew is ready, you can now serve it with your moi moi. Enjoy But if you want you can add fish, eggs or liver into your moi moi, but it is better when the ingredients is with moderation..
This satisfying and flavor-packed carrot stew is simmered with North African spices, then sprinkled with crunchy peanuts and fresh cilantro before serving. This is a recipe for carrot stew that I've been making for years. It's absolutely delicious, both sweet and spicy, and completely satisfying. the moi moi and crisp coated chicken were brought out of the freezer and microwaved, while I only boiled rice and made the vegetable stew. Jollof Rice without Plantain & Moi-Moi. Rice, tomatoes and tomato paste, palm oil, onions, salt, spices such as nutmeg, ginger, and cumin and chili peppers.