Easy, Creamy and Gentle Chowder with Chinese Cabbage.
You can cook Easy, Creamy and Gentle Chowder with Chinese Cabbage using 16 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Easy, Creamy and Gentle Chowder with Chinese Cabbage
- Prepare 1/4 of head, roughly chopped Chinese cabbage.
- You need 1 of onion roughly cut into small pieces Onion.
- You need 1/4 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of as much as you'd like Corn.
- You need 2 medium of Potatoes.
- It’s 100 of grams, cut into short strips Ham or bacon.
- You need 1 small of bowl full Leftover sashimi, mixed seafood, or the like.
- Prepare 1 dash of White wine or sake.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of White pepper.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chicken soup stock granules or consomme.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
- It’s 300 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Butter and/or vegetable oil (a small amount of each).
- You need 1 of Green onions or parsley (optional).
Easy, Creamy and Gentle Chowder with Chinese Cabbage instructions
- Prepare the leftover frozen sashimi. Cut into bite-sized pieces, lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of wine (or sake)..
- (If you're using frozen mixed seafood instead of sashimi, then you don't have to cut it up).
- Cut the Chinese cabbage into rough chunks, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for about 4 minutes. It cooks quickly this way, so you can eat it quickly..
- So, it should look like this..
- Use medium-low heat. Heat a small amount of vegetable oil and butter. Add the onion, carrot, and bacon, and saute well. Add the seafood. When the everything has cooked through….
- Add 500 ml of hot water, the bay leaf, and the soup stock. Then add the Chinese cabbage. When the cabbage is tender, add 300 ml of milk..
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the heat. Grate the potato directly into the pot..
- With a spatula, gently stir while it simmers… and thickens. It will quickly become a sufficiently creamy texture..
- Sprinkle salt and white pepper to taste, and it's finished. You don't even need to use roux (or flour). It's easy and light on the stomach..
- If it's too thick, add milk. If it's too thin, add more potato to adjust. In Step 5, cooking with rice is also delicious..