Plantain Porridge. Plantain is a favourite for many none Jamaicans and Jamaicans alike and this plantain porridge recipe won't be any different. High fibre and a great source of carbohydrate this porridge will sure to keep you feeling full all morning. Green plantain porridge is a hearty Jamaican breakfast, that can also be enjoyed throughout the day.
If you're looking for a healthy hearty. Put the plantains and water in a blender and pulse until chopped fine then blend to a smooth puree. Pour it in a pot with cinnamon and turn on the stove on low heat. This Yummy Plantain Porridge using 9 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Plantain Porridge
- You need 4 half of ripe plantain finger.
- You need 1 of cksp palm oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 cube of knorr.
- It’s 2 tbsp of blended crayfish.
- You need 5 of fresh pepper.
- You need 1 of bulb onions.
- You need of left over asun.
A lumpy plantain porridge is the result of an untended pot. Plantain Porridge recipe: Method: Blend the green plantain with water until it is liquid. Once boil to, add the green plantain liquid. Now put your stove on low.
Plantain Porridge step by step
- Wash and peal plantain; cut in cubes and and perboil in a pot with enough water.
- Dice onions and pepper; set it aside; once the plantain is almost done, add onions, asun, salt, knorr cube, pepper, crayfish and stir,.
- Allow it simmer for 8 to 10 minutes on low heat and serve once it ready.
While the plantain porridge is simmering, stir it in until it is creamy. Plantain porridge is easy to prepare, it takes the same process as Porridge Yam, although, with a little twist and slight changes in ingredients. This delicious meal is usually made with unripe plantain, however, you can use a combination of ripe and unripe plantain, most people do this in other to achieve a faint sugary taste. Wake up your morning porridge the Mille Fleurs way, with our scented Jamaican Spice Plantain porridge recipe that is low in GI. View the recipe and nutrition for Jamaican Plantain Porridge, including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more.