Baked meatpies. I got the recipe from my husband's mother. Beef, pork, and potato are all nicely spiced and baked into a pie. It's yummy and pretty easy to make too!
Cut the pie crust in half and spoon a generous portion on each half. View top rated Baked meat pie recipes with ratings and reviews. Ever. "Party Pies" are classic Aussie meat pies – in mini form! This Delicious Baked meatpies using 12 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Baked meatpies
- You need 1 of . 4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2.2 of eggs.
- You need 3 of . 6 tbspn butter.
- You need 4 of . 1 tbspn corn flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Prepare 5 of . Pinch of salt, 2 seasoning cubes.
- It’s 6 of . 1 cup of water.
- You need of For the fillings.
- It’s 1 of .Left over tsire.
- You need 2.2 of Irish potatoes, 3 carrots.
- Prepare 3 of . Onions & sweet pepper.
- Prepare 4 of .Oyster sauce, curry, thyme, oregano, mixed spices, maggi.
- You need 5 of .Oil.
In this recipe these Party Pies are made in muffin tins, easy to make and they taste incredible. I call them Nigerian meat pies, Cameroonian meat pies or African meat pies because You guys, African style meat pies for the mighty win! On that anniversary day, we ate. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients.
Baked meatpies step by step
- Mix flour and other dry ingredients, add butter, eggs, water and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Cook your left over tsire with water, onions and 1 seasoning cubes, allow the meat to absorb all the water then pound it using mortar and pestle.
- Add little oil in a pan, fry it with onions and garlic until onions turns translucent, add the meat, cooked potatoes and carrots, sweet pepper, oyster sauce, seasoning and spices, then mix together,cover and allow it for 5 mins under low heat.
- Mix little corn flour with water and add to the fillings, mix and allow for 1 min and it's done, allow it to cool.
- Cut your dough into small pieces and flatten each one, then place on the meatpie cutter, add the fillings in the middle.
- Mix 1 spoon of flour with little water to make a thick paste, brush the end of the dough wit the paste and cover the meatpie cutter to form the shapes.
- Repeat to the remaining and arrange on a baking tray that has been greased with butter. Egg wash the meatpies and bake for 15 minutes..
- Enjoy 😋.
They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand. Barley Flour, Water, a Chicken Egg and one Raw Meat combined into a dough, ready for baking in an Oven. These meat pies are delicious and a popular Ghanaian snack. In Ghana meatpies are very popular, they are served at parties, restaurants. I don't think a function will be complete if meatpie isn't served.