Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo.
This Yummy Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo using 15 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- You need 1/3 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of okra, sliced.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 of andouille sausage links.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of raw, deveined shrimp.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo step by step
- Create a roux with flour and cooking oil. Stir and cook on medium until roux turns a dark reddish brown.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and okra. Cook for 8-10 minutes until vegetables tender..
- Add chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and Tabasco sauce. Bring to a boil, then stir in sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add shrimp and cook a few minutes until done..
- Serve over rice.