Kimchi fried rice. Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat. Green onion, hot pepper paste, kim, kimchi, rice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, vegetable oil, water. Kimchi fried rice or kimchi-bokkeum-bap (김치볶음밥) is a variety of bokkeum-bap ("fried rice"), a popular dish in Korea.
I remember the first I ever encountered kimchi. Not the high-heat stir-fry you might expect, Grace Lee's home-style fried-rice recipe uses a simple technique — make an easy, flavorful kimchi sauce. Kimchi Fried Rice or Kimchi Bokkeumbap (김치볶음밥) is the perfect one-dish meal anytime but especially if you don't feel like cooking or need that something to hit the spot! You can cook Kimchi fried rice using 16 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Kimchi fried rice
- It’s 1 cup of cooked cold rice (can be left over rice).
- You need 1/2 cup of finely diced carrot.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely diced onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped spring onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped kimchi (squeeze to juice out).
- You need 1/2 of kimchi juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soysauce.
- You need of Fried egg.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of free range eggs.
Kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap, 김치볶음밥) is a humble Korean dish made basically with kimchi and leftover rice. Since Korean homes almost always have these two staples, kimchi fried. Kimchi Fried Rice – easy fried rice made with Korean kimchi. Kimchi adds a spicy and pungent taste and absolute best.
Kimchi fried rice instructions
- Heat up a wok or pan to medium high heat, add vegetable oil and garlic, stir well for 30 second. Add carrot, onion and mix all ingredients together..
- Add kimchi and frozen peas then add some oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, pepper then mixed well..
- Add some rice and mix everything together. To give it an extra flavour add some kimchi juice then mix well. Sprinkle some spring onions on top and stir fried it quickly. Serve on a plate..
- On a small pan, medium heat, add some vegetarian cooking oil and wait until medium heat then add egg in one st the time. Only leave it for a min or two then take it out and press the egg on top of kimchi fried rice!! Enjoy 👩🏻🍳.
This Kimchi Fried rice is tangy, spicy, and the perfect way to use up all the leftover ingredients and Not only did I pack this Kimchi Fried Rice with leftover rice and vegetables from my fridge, but I even. Swap out Cauliflower Rice for a Low Carb option! Kimchi fried rice (bokumbap or bokkeumbap) makes for a simple meal that helps you use two items commonly found in Korean pantries and refrigerators—rice and kimchi. I first had kimchi fried rice when we were in Seoul a few years ago. I didn't have any idea what kimchi was (likely referred to as "that red stuff".