Japanese Fried Rice. When whipping up Japanese fried rice at home, I try to go with rice that is at least a day old (and preferably refrigerated). Long, scientific story cut super-short: it's because some evaporation. Japanese fried rice, known as "Yakimeshi" in Japan, is such a flavourful and delicious recipe that is super easy to make!
I craved comfort foods like this rice dish. Throw together a delicious Japanese fried rice that comes together in minutes from a handful of Like most Asian countries, Japan has its own version of fried rice. It's called Yakimeshi (焼きめし), and it. You can have Japanese Fried Rice using 10 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Fried Rice
- It’s 250 g of cooked white rice (leftover rice is fine).
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot.
- You need 2 leaves of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need of Any kind of meat or seafood(beef, chicken, shrimp, etc).
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 table spoon of Chinese chicken stock.
- You need 1 table spoon of mayonnaise(kewpie).
- You need 1 tea spoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of seaweed.
Japanese fried rice is called 'chāhan' (チャーハンor炒飯). It is also called 'yakimeshi' (焼飯) but I remember that the word 'yakimeshi' was used by older people and younger people called it 'chāhan'. Japanese Fried Rice. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Japanese fried rice is traditionally cooked on a teppan, a flat open-top grilling surface, but you can make it just as readily in a wok or a large pan.
Japanese Fried Rice step by step
- Crack and beat 1 egg. Cut cabbage. Chop carrot in small pieces..
- Heat the pan and put some oil in it. Scramble the egg in the pan and add your favorite meat or seafood. Add in the cooked rice..
- Add Chinese chicken stock, chopped carrot, mayonnaise and fry them with wooden spatula..
- Add cabbage. Season the rice with soy sauce, salt and pepper before turning off the heat..
- Finish! It's a perfect meal for your busy day!.
Japanese fried rice is often served with grilled chicken at restaurants. My favorite variant is to use leftover roasted chicken with the fried rice. It makes it a complete dish. Japanese fried rice is really easy to make if I can make it you can make it, let's get started. I had a request to make a Japanese Hibachi style fried rice, so here we go that is what we are going to do.