Pilchard Fish Cakes. Pilchard fish cakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats. We are joined by chef Tash Geleba this morning to show you how to make a basic fish cake, they can then be turned into many meal options using this one.
These pilchard fish cakes are a dream to make and fit in with our philosophy of slow food made fast; about fifteen minutes of actual work, and one hour from start to finish. Great recipe for Pilchard Fish Cakes. # Pilchard contest. This tasty, fish cakes it's a recipe from my dearest Aunty. This Yummy Pilchard Fish Cakes using 9 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Pilchard Fish Cakes
- Prepare 410 g of Pilchard fish.
- You need 150 g of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s Handful of fresh parsley finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry coriander.
- Prepare of Left overs potatoes mashed.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 75 ml of Canola oil.
Canned Pilchard Fish CakesBusy Lizzie Cooks. Norwegian Fish Cakes with Dill MayonnaiseFood and Wine. Fish on a Friday is a familiar favourite. A tin of pilchards can go a long way to feed a family quickly.
Pilchard Fish Cakes instructions
- Take a bowl pour those left over mashed potatoes the spice it with salt, coriander, and parsley then mix..
- Open the pilchard tin, clean it from that tomato gravy and remove bones and those insides then once it's clean then mash it and mix it with potatoes. Then crack the eggs and mix all together..
- In a another bowl pour your pour your bread crumbs..
- Switch the stove on and pour your oil then make your cakes by rolling them to the bread crumbs then fry them..
- Your fish cakes can be serve as a starter. To me were served for finger lunch..
Pilchards are grown-up herrings, not something quite different and are suitable only to be canned Fresh pilchards or Cornish sardines may be lightly poached, grilled or baked and although there'll be. A can of economical, nutritious pilchards can be turned into a tasty family Recipe Method. Turn the pilchard can contents into a sieve set over a bowl, and set aside for the. Serve fish cakes with the mayonnaise (with or without pickles) and lime wedges. Delicious fish cakes made with cod, potatoes, onion, butter, and parsley!