Chirashizushi with Leftovers from Osechi. This Japanese recipe for chirashizushi, also known as scattered sushi, is a special-occasion dish served on plates or in bowls with colorful toppings. Spread simmered shiitake, cucumber, imitation crab meat, and omelet strips over rice. Chirashizushi was one of those dishes, and her version was always loaded with seasoned vegetables and topped with a scattering of vibrant sugar peas, egg and red ginger.
The pack indicates 'Roasted' but the proper way of making unary no kabayaki is not roasting it. It is initially steamed, then grilled over charcoal with a rich sweet soy flavoured sauce. Chirashi Sushi (we say Chirashizushi in Japan) is a bright and colorful sushi that the Japanese eat on happy occasions. This Perfect Chirashizushi with Leftovers from Osechi using 5 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Chirashizushi with Leftovers from Osechi
- Prepare 2 cup of Leftover osechi vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of Salmon roe, prawns or pickled baby herrings.
- You need 1 of Datemaki omelet or hard scrambled eggs.
- Prepare 540 ml of Japanese rice or rice for sushi.
- Prepare 100 ml of Sweet vinegar recipe.
It is pretty much a deconstructed sushi served in a large wooden platter or a rice bowl. You can make Chirashi sushi from scratch (my recipe here) or take a shortcut version by using. Mixed Sushi Rice with Beautiful Toppings). The name Chirashizushi comes from the word Chirashi which literally means scattered.
Chirashizushi with Leftovers from Osechi step by step
- Chop the shitake mushrooms, lotus roots, konyaku and bamboo shoots finely. Cut the pickled baby herrings or octopus into small bite sizes..
- Cook the frozen prawns in strong Japanese dashi stock quickly to defrost and turn the heat off. Leave to cool the prawns in the liquid..
- Cook the rice until al dente as in . Mix in the sweet vinegar without mashing the rice grains. Add sesame seeds if you like..
- Mix in the step 1 vegetables, prawns and pickled baby herrings into the step 3 rice. Garnish with datemaki omelet or hard scrambled eggs, boiled snow peas, and salmon roe on top..
- This is my chirashizushi for 2011. I added vinegared octopus and it looked very colourful..
Chirashi literally translates as "scattered," and it refers to the way in which ingredients are laid out over the rice, and there are two ways to do this. Homestyle chirashizushi is a bit more slapdash. Care is still taken to choose ingredients that complement and contrast each other, but they are scattered over. Chirashi, also called chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) is one of my favorite Japanese meals. The word "chirashi" means "scattered," so this is basically a big bowl of rice mixed with fish, vegetables, and additional ingredients of your choice.