Left over undhiyu stuffed paratha and undhiyu pockets. Undhiyu Recipe with step by step photos. A traditional undhiyu recipe requires hours on end to make. Here, we have presented a faster version using a pressure cooker undhiyu that also uses less oil.
But thanks to the convenience of frozen vegetables you can enjoy Undhiyu all year long. Though Undhiyu is a Surat specialty, many regions of Gujarat have it's. Mixed cut and marinated vegetables for Undhiyu. stuffed brinjals, fried potatoes, sweet potatoes, purple yam. preparation for surti undhiyu Indian Gujarati dish. This Tasty Left over undhiyu stuffed paratha and undhiyu pockets using 14 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Left over undhiyu stuffed paratha and undhiyu pockets
- You need 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- You need of For undhiyu:.
- You need 3 spoon of ghee.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Mixed veg chopped(potato,small Brinjal,yam,raw banana).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mix (peas,papdi,pigeon peas).
- Prepare 2 of finely chopped tomato.
- It’s 2 spoon of ginger garlic chilli paste.
- It’s 3 spoon of undhiyu masala.
- You need 8-9 of methi balls.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Carrom seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil.
Surti undhiyu recipe – a traditional Gujarati style of making mixed vegetable curry. I used enjoyed eating this whenever I went to my village. You will have unique flavor and aroma when it is made in clay pot. To make this undhiyu restaurant style, deep fry all the veggies one by one except papadi, peas.
Left over undhiyu stuffed paratha and undhiyu pockets step by step
- Take a bowl add flour,ghee,salt and mix well then add water gradually and knead a dough.now keep it aside..
- Now to make undhiyu take oil in kadai and fry all vegetables and methi masala balls.to make methi masala balls take besan,sooji,methi leaves,ginger garlic paste,red chilli Powder,turmeric, salt,sugar,lemon juice and mix well them make balls..
- Now take a cooker add oil then add carrom seeds and sesame seeds now add ginger garlic chilli paste,tomato and mix well.now add all veggies,peas,papdi etc.add undhiyu masala,water as needed and then put methi balls on it.now close cooker and cook for 10-15 minutes at low flame..
- Now mash undhiyu with masher to make stuffing.take a ball from dough.roll and put undhiyu stuffing and cover it then roll paratha and roast on tawa puting some oil..
- Now take a small ball from dough to make puri.roll puri and cut in square.now cut from 2 ends to make cutts and design put undhiyu stuffing pack this pocket and fry it.now undhiyu pockets are ready to serve..
Undhiyu is a Gujarati mixed vegetable dish that is a regional specialty of Surat, India. Easy Undhiyu – Mixed vegetable casserole with a medley of veggies cooked in earthy spices, ginger and chilies cooked effortlessly in the Instant Pot. Undhiyu is a special gujarati dish made with medley of tubers and veggies like, purple yam, sweet and regular potatoes, green beans, eggplants, etc. Mix wheat flour and gram flour. Add fenugreek leaves, Indian spices, sugar, green garlic and oil.