Easy Kedgeree with an American twist. Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir through the lemon zest, parsley and coriander. Hello, this is my entry for Jamie and Uncle Ben's search for a food tube star. This super easy Kedgeree recipe makes a lovely breakfast dish but is equally as good for brunch, lunch, or frankly, anytime.
Kedgeree (also known as kitcherie, kitchari, kidgeree, kedgaree, kitchiri and khichuri) is a simple dish made with smoked haddock For a Vegetarian Kedgeree replace the fish with a tin of chickpeas or lentils, stirring it in towards the end of cooking and making sure it is warmed. Click to find the ingredients and a step-by-step guide to making it. Kedgeree is such a delicious dish that can be served up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can have Easy Kedgeree with an American twist using 24 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Easy Kedgeree with an American twist
- You need of Curry base.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mustard seed (curry mix).
- You need 3 tbsp of Tumeric (curry mix).
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin (curry mix).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander (curry mix).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin (curry mix).
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper (curry mix).
- It’s of Fresh spices.
- It’s 2 clove of minced Garlic (curry mix).
- You need 1 tbsp of minced ginger (curry mix).
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley (curry mix).
- It’s of Veggies.
- You need 8 oz of frozen corn, 8 oz frozen peas, and 4oz shredded or match stick carrots (or a bag of good frozen vegetable medley).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Spring onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1 of apple diced.
- You need 1 quart of leftover Chinese takeout rice (or 2 smaller pints).
- You need of Fish.
- Prepare 16 oz of halibut or another white fish (firm Tofu works as well).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 tsp of tarrigon.
- It’s of Yogurt dressing.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fat free plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sweet chile sauce.
Kedgeree is a delicious way to get a lot of flavour from a few ingredients. If you keep a little smoked haddock in your freezer along with some peas you can whip this up purely from other store cupboard staples. The Kedgeree recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! If you are missing vegetables in this rice pan with fish in the Anglo-Indian style, you can add an Indian carrot salad.
Easy Kedgeree with an American twist step by step
- Place two large skillets on the stove and turn the heat to medium high. Fill one halfway with hot water, and put 2 tbsp of olive oil in the second..
- While waiting for the water to boil, put the mustard seed in the second pan for about a minute, then reduce the heat to medium, occasionally stirring until the seeds begin to pop and brown. Be careful to not burn them..
- Dump the rest of the curry base on top of the mustard seed and mix together..
- Now add in the fresh spices into your home made curry mix and continue to mix them in the pan. The water should be starting to boil by now, so reduce it to medium-low heat..
- Place the bay leaf, tarragon, and about a teaspoon of salt into the boiling water. And let it simmer..
- Empty the quart of pre cooked rice into the curry mix. Be sure to mix it all together and press out any clumps. When finished, add the fish to the simmering water in the other pan..
- As the rice reheats, dump in your vegetables, and mix together as the fish continues to cook..
- In a small bowl mix about a cup and a half of the fat free Greek yogurt with 2 or 3 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce (to taste). Place on side for now..
- Once the rice is hot, and the fish is cooked, place the fish on top of the rice and break apart mixing both of them together. Serve in bowls with a hearty dollop of the sweet chili yogurt dressing to cool off the spiciness of the curry..
- If you're not a fan of fish, feel free to remove it from the recipe or replace it with Tofu, baked brussel sprouts, or chicken..
Kedgeree, as the dish is also called, is perfect as a meal prep dish. Kedgeree (or occasionally kitcherie, kitchari, kidgeree, kedgaree, kitchiri, or khichuri) is a dish consisting of cooked, flaked fish (traditionally smoked haddock), boiled rice, parsley, hard-boiled eggs, curry powder, butter or cream, and occasionally sultanas. The dish can be eaten hot or cold. Kedgeree recipe, an Anglo-Indian dish of rice with smoked fish and boiled eggs, with a discernible curry flavour. Kedgeree is based on the Indian rice and lentil dish called khichdi or khichri.